The “Thermotreated Oak” collection has a high temperature heat treatment that subjects the wood to hygrothermal processes in order to remove moisture and improve some physical characteristics, such as resistance to biological deterioration caused by fungi, molds and insects.
Original Parquet, through continuous research and experimentation, has found a way not to use (as in the past) chemicals or additives but only water and heat to develop its own thermo-treatments. The wood is dehydrated, and all its organic components come out by evaporation or crystallize inside. In this way there are no substances subject to deterioration inside the wood and the material becomes more durable.
The main advantages that are obtained with heat treatment are:
• Elimination of organic matter present in the wood to avoid creating a suitable habitat for attacks and the proliferation of xylophagous fungi and molds.
• Wood becomes more stable and durable, and swelling and shrinkage are drastically reduced.
In the Thermo-treated collection Original Parquet offers the following dimensions:
• Doghe Toscane Oak Thermo-Treated
15(4) x 180/190 x 2200/1700 mm.*
• Super Ready Thermo-Treated Oak Italian
Herringbone 90° – 10(4) x 90 x 700 mm.*
• Super Ready Thermo-Treated Oak
French Chevron 45° – 10 (4) x 90 x 610 mm.*
The four edges of the element are worked with “tongue & groove” joints and micro-bevelled.
Types of Wood
Quality grades in compliant with the technical standard UNI EN 13489: Rustic
UV Varnishing (Satin, Semi-glossy) – Natural Oiling
• Doghe Toscane and Super Ready French Chevron 45° have a “Brushed and UV Varnished” finish.
• Super Ready Italian Herringbone 90° presents a “Vissuto (Sawn Plus) and Natural Oiled” finish.
• For Doghe Toscane it can be done either with the use of two-component glue or “floating” with the use of sound-absorbing underlay.
• For Super Ready French Chevron 45° and Super Ready Italian Herringbone 90° it can be done with the use of two-component glue.
* variation of thickness ± 0.5 mm